[mpich-discuss] mpich2 / openmpi conflicts on osx 10.5?

Thomas Blom blomcode at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 11:39:32 CST 2008

True for execution paths, but I wanted to ensure I wasn't picking up the
wrong header or libs along the way somehow during builds of stuff.  This is
easy enough in simple makefiles, but in xcode using a native project (which
I'm new to) I'm never sure where it is looking first etc and so resort to
tricks like hiding files.  Apple's version of gcc and ld also behave
differently than 'standard' versions of these tools, so hiding or removing
all headers/libs/binaries for an sdk seems the safest way to me to ensure
they are not getting involved behind the scenes somehow.  Again, I'm
somewhat new to development on osx.

-thomas