[mpich-discuss] Using MPICH2 windows binary with PETSc

Ben Tay zonexo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 02:56:59 CDT 2008

Hi Jayesh,

I have tested compiling the example fpi. It ran successfully when I use
mpiexec in command prompt. However, if I use winmpiexec, after inputting
a number, it just hang there. I wonder why. I modify the code to let
n=100 and then it ran w/o any problems.

Also, I found that using processes=1,2,4 gave me slightly different
results. Is this something like emulating 2 or 4 processors? So I can
use that to test whether my mpi code is working properly on 4 or 8
processors?

Lastly, I tried to run the modified fpi.exe in a microsoft windows
cluster environment but it failed. Do you have any experience with it?

The PETSc developers have also emailed me regarding the corrections
required to make MPICH2 work with PETSc. I'll give it a try when I'm free

Thank you very much.

Regards.