[mpich-discuss] Using MPICH2 windows binary with PETSc

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 25 09:01:51 CDT 2008

 Hi,

>> I am not sure MPICH2 for Windows supports Fortran. Did you check?
	MPICH2 on windows supports fortran. You must use the right fortran
library (See the windows developer's guide for details - available at
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/) to link your programs.

>> Even if it does, since you installed binaries, it may not support ifort.
	MPICH2 supports the Intel fortran compiler. You must link your
application (PETSc) with fmpich2.lib (available at MPICH2\lib) for fortran
support.

   What is the error that you get when you compile PETSc+MPICH2 ?
   Are you able to compile the sample application fpi.f available in the
MPICH2\examples directory ?

(PS: I will also check with the PETSc developers regarding this issue.)

Regards,
Jayesh