[mpich-discuss] Socket error on Quad-core Windows XP

Gib Bogle g.bogle at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Apr 9 21:49:58 CDT 2008

My mpich-2 program seems to run correctly, but when it tries to execute
MPI_Finalize() it gives a range of error messages, all apparently
related to closing the socket connections.  Typical messages are:

unable to read the cmd header on the pmi context, socket connection closed

shutdown failed, sock ####, error 10093

closesocket failed, sock ####, error 10093

So far I haven't seen any bad consequences from these errors, but they
are disconcerting.  Should I care?  Is there something I can do?

Gib