[MPICH] ROMIO. Two-phased run-time error

Francisco Javier García Blas fjblas at arcos.inf.uc3m.es
Wed Sep 19 06:31:07 CDT 2007

Hi all,

We did some measurements with BTIO over PVFS and PVFS2 on lonestar at
TACC (http://www.tacc.utexas.edu/services/userguides/lonestar/).

We launched BTIO with 4 proccess and  but when we launch BTIO with 9 or
more proceess the bench fail. We tried to run BTIO with PVFS, PVFS2 and
unix file system but it falied too.

Debuging the error seems to be in collective writes. Two-phased does not
invoke file primitives.

We use mpich2-1.0.5p4 and compile it with gcc version 3.4.6.

Any clue why this happens?

Thanks a lot

Francisco Javier García Blas
Computer Architecture, Communications and Systems Area.
Computer Science Department. UNIVERSIDAD CARLOS III DE MADRID
Avda. de la Universidad, 30
28911 Leganés (Madrid), SPAIN
e-mail: fjblas at arcos.inf.uc3m.es
        fjblas at inf.uc3m.es