[MPICH] Can MPICH2 be configured to run on InfiniBand?

jetspeed ibatis2 at 163.com
Sat Sep 1 06:02:38 CDT 2007

I have built MPICH2 on a cluster, with no additional configuration options. and now When I boot a mpd on InfiniBand , It turns out to be running on the Ethernet .

so, Can MPICH2 be configured to run on InfiniBand?
should I switch to MVAPICH2 or some other distribution?
There are many errors when I tried to build MVAPICH2.   Should I use OFED to replace the topspin driver in order to install MVAPICH2?

My InfiniBand driver is

$rpm -qa |grep topspin

topspin-ib-rhel4-3.2.0-118
topspin-ib-mod-rhel4-2.6.9-34.EL-3.2.0-118

and My cluster

$uname -a

Linux node01 2.6.9-34.EL #1 SMP Fri Feb 24 16:46:57 EST 2006 ppc64 ppc64 ppc64 GNU/Linux

Thanks in advance