[MPICH] Running on root's MPD as either root or another user

Matthew Chambers matthew.chambers at vanderbilt.edu
Mon Oct 1 17:03:48 CDT 2007

Ah, the s bit has to be on the owner's set, I hadn't tried that (and
don't really understand why). But now I'm back to mpiexec locking up
when I try to run a job from the user's account, and when I break the
process, I get:
(mpiexec 413): mpiexec: failed to obtain sock from manager
And also there's a stranded mpd process in the process list each time I
try:
rslebos 27003 10967 0 16:58 ? 00:00:00 python2.4
/frogstar/usr/ppc/bin/mpd --listenport=4050 --ifhn=172.20.0.1 --dae
rslebos 27008 10967 0 16:58 ? 00:00:00 python2.4
/frogstar/usr/ppc/bin/mpd --listenport=4050 --ifhn=172.20.0.1 --dae
rslebos 27028 10967 0 17:00 ? 00:00:00 python2.4
/frogstar/usr/ppc/bin/mpd --listenport=4050 --ifhn=172.20.0.1 --dae

Confused...
-Matt