[MPICH] MPI errors on windows

Richard Li xs_li at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 14 21:28:53 CST 2007

Hi All,

We got an error message when running the following command on windows,

mpiexec -n 2 -machinefile config.txt MpiApp.exe(MpiApp.exe is our application exe and Config.txt contains two different machine names)

The error message(from smpd -d) is:

ERROR:unable to read the cmd header on the pmi context, generic socket failure, error stack:
MPIDU_Sock_wait(2589): The specified network name is no longer available. (errno 64).

Attached please also find the complete log from smpd -d.

Can someone shed some light in this? Thanks

Richard