[MPICH] Define MPE_LOG_BYTES size

Anthony Chan chan at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 13 00:44:51 CST 2007

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007, Francisco Javier García Blas wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am using the last version of MPICH2, 1.0.6, and working with MPE I/O
> wrappers (log_mpi_io.c). I use MPE_Log_pack to store additional info about
> file access. My problem is the record size that MPE uses to store info. I
> found in logging/src/mpe_log.c that the output byte buffer which is of
> sizeof(MPE_LOG_BYTES),  32 bytes.
> In logging/include/mpe_log.h, I can re-define this size but I did not find
> nothing about MPE_LOG_BYTES in CLOG.
>
> I do not know if I have to re-define another consts or this change is
> sufficient.

AFAIK, there are 2 more places:

1) mpe2/src/logging/include/clog_record.h's CLOG_Str_Bytes_t
2) mpe2/src/slog2sdk/src/logformat/clog2/StrBytes.java

MPE_LOG_BYTES, CLOG_Str_Bytes_t and java's StrBytes all refer to
the same object.  Besides recompile the C code, you need to recompile
the java code as well so jumpshot or clog2TOslog2 can read your logfile.

A.Chan