[MPICH] RE: »Ø¸´£º RE: [MPICH2 Req #3748] mpich2 1.0.3 version - Pls use 1.0.6p1

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Nov 8 10:12:24 CST 2007

Hi,
 You have to uninstall any previous versions of MPICH2 before installing a new version. When you uninstall MPICH2 the process manager, smpd, associated with the installation also gets uninstalled from your computer.
 We would recommend that you use the latest version, 1.0.6p1, of MPICH2. >From the perspective of an MPI programmer using 1.0.6p1 is better than 1.0.3 since the latest version has fixes for several bugs and newer features (The newer versions are backward compatible with earlier versions).

(Note: We do not recommend users to use previous versions of MPICH2 since the newer versions have patches for bugs and newer features. Let us know if you still need the earlier version of MPICH2)

Regards,
Jayesh

  _____