[MPICH] debug flag

Robert Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 30 14:30:37 CDT 2007

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 01:28:45PM -0500, Wei-keng Liao wrote:

> The code file is attached. The command-line arguments are
>   "filename npx npy npz", where filename is the name of output file, and
>   npx, npy, npz are the number of processes along X-Y-Z dimensions.
>
> The XYZ dimensions in each subarray is fixed to 50 x 50 x 50. Each array
> element is a double type. The global array size is hence proportional to
> the number of processes. There is a fourth dimension of size 11, but not
> partitioned.

We have a problem in that MPI datatypes are used for both memory (32
bit pointers) and files (64 bit file offsets/sizes), and we can have a
situation where 64 bit values (file sizes or offsets) are stuffed into
32 bit variables (as you saw in your previous message).

We're working on a way around this problem.  We have to solve it for
PnetCDF as well.

==rob

--
Rob Latham