[MPICH] Can I use mpiexec to launch different command prompts for different ranks? - Read input from a file

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 24 09:06:49 CDT 2007

Hi,
 You can write a program to pop up a GUI which accepts the user's input.
Once the process manager is run manually (1. Stop the running process
manager -- "smpd -stop" 2. Run the process manager in a command window --
"smpd -d"  3. Repeat 1 & 2 for both the machines) the user will be able to
interact with the GUI on both the machines.
 Another way to tackle your problem is to modify your program to read the
inputs from a file (the programs would execute on the different machines and
can access different files containing the different inputs)

Regards,
Jayesh