[MPICH] MPICH use in an AFS + K5 environment.

Bill Stivers stiversb at ucsc.edu
Thu Mar 29 14:52:05 CDT 2007

I'm working on that aspect;  In my prototype machines running Solaris
10 I'm using PAM modules and configurations developed at ANL for
better K5 integration.  On those systems I'm seeing more or less
acceptable behavior, but I have but the two prototype machines.  The
spec for the class is a minimum of 20-30 nodes such that students get
the full MPI experience.

Because of some legacy tie-ins in our pam configuration on the
solaris 9 lab systems, I'm having issues getting ssh-agent to pass
keys correctly, such that K5 tickets are generated, such that AFS
tokens are generated properly, such that the filesystem data is
visible across all the potential nodes in the ring, and such that the
mpds can be started dynamically by users running their jobs.  What
I'm basically looking for is any experiences anyone's had in managing
getting openssh to behave better in this configuration in its ties to
kerberos, or, barring that, a scheme that might allow functionality
without the rsh/ssh component but from the FAQs, I get that there is
no possibility of functionality the latter way.

I hope this clarifies a little, and thank you for taking the time to
drop me a line.  I'm much obliged to you.

--B

On Mar 29, 2007, at 10:32 AM, Rajeev Thakur wrote:

> Is it possible to start a remote process using ssh or some such
> command in
> your environment?
>
> Rajeev

---