[MPICH] Inconsistent results when testing mpd in single system

naga ggmnaga at yahoo.co.in
Wed Mar 28 06:35:14 CDT 2007

Dear sir

  When i am trying to check mpdtrace and mpiexec, It is showing inconsistent outputs

  when I tried mpdtrace
  one time It gave the following error message
  [... at ppc ~]mpdtrace
  mpdtrace (mpdtrace 57): got eof on console

  some times it is giving the following correct output
  [... at ppc ~]mpdtrace
  ppc

  similarly when i am trying with mpiexec
  some times i am getting the following error message
  [... at ppc ~]mpiexec -n 1 /bin/hostname
  mpiexec _ppc.becs.ernet.in(mpiexec 371): no msg recvd from mpd when expecting ack of request

  some times it is giving the following error message
  [... at ppc ~]mpiexec -n 1 /bin/hostname
  ppc.becs.ernet.in_mpd man_0 :mpd_uncaught_except_tb handling
  socket.error :(111, 'connection reffused');
  (.....followed by big of number of socket error details)

  some times it is giving the following correct output
  ppc.becs.ernet.in

  I am not able to understand why i am getting  inconsistent results
  I appreciate your support for solving this problem

  Thanking you

  --naaga