[MPICH] MPICH problem when using Windows API OpenFileMapping

赖俊杰 laijj02 at mails.tsinghua.edu.cn
Mon Mar 26 09:38:41 CDT 2007

Hi,I've got a problem with MPICH2 1.0.3,when using the API
OpenFileMapping.
the code is :

#include <mpi.h>
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
#include <windows.h>
int main(int argc,char * argv[])
{

        MPI_Init(&argc,&argv);
        cout<<"here"<<endl;

        TCHAR szName[]=TEXT("Global");
        HANDLE h=OpenFileMapping(FILE_MAP_READ, false, szName);
        cout<<h<<endl;

                 MPI_Finalize();

}

There is another process which creats the shared memory block whose
name is "Global". And I want to use this process to get large block of data
from the mpi process and plot it.
When i compile the code ,and run the exe file directly,there is no
problem the output is:

F:\>ShareFactory.exe
here
000006B0

But when i use the mpiexec.exe,the problem occurs,

F:\>mpiexec -n 1 ShareFactory.exe
here
00000000

Can anyone tell me where this problem is?
Thanks a lot.