[MPICH] About ch3:nemesis.

Darius Buntinas buntinas at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 13 14:59:44 CDT 2007

A channel is a communication method. For example, the default channel,
sock, uses tcp sockets for communication, while the shm channel
communicates using shared-memory.

Nemesis is a channel that uses shared-memory to communicate within a node,
and a network to communicate between nodes.  Currently Nemesis supports
tcp, gm, mx, and elan networks.  (Eventually these will be selectable at
runtime, but for now the network has to be selected when MPICH2 is
compiled.)

Does that help?

-d