[MPICH] Replacing collective routines

Georg Wassen wassen at lfbs.RWTH-Aachen.DE
Thu Jul 19 08:31:36 CDT 2007

Hi,

Darius, thanks a lot for your help - this was exactly what I was
searching for.

> In order to set the coll_fns function when the communicator is created,
> define MPID_Dev_comm_create_hook() to set it (or define it to a function
> which sets it).  There's also a MPID_Dev_comm_destroy_hook() if you need
> it.

I've done so like in your files but I've still a problem: The init-hook
is only called, when a new communicator is created (e.g.
MPI_Comm_split), not at the initial creation of MPI_COMM_WORLD. (I'm
using nmpi-1.2 which is based on mpich2-1.0.2p1)

May this be a problem which is fixed in recent versions or are these
hooks intended for new communicators only?

Kind regards,
Georg.