[MPICH] communication between linux and windows

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 24 09:56:12 CST 2007

Hi,
    The error message says that host name resolution failed for one of the hostnames specified. Try specifying ip addresses of the machines on which you want to run your program. Please try running the mpiexec command on both the machines and let us know the results (Provide us with the command and the complete output).
    If the error persists please provide us a detailed information on the systems (which node is linux and which is windows, where are you running the mpiexec command ? etc) you are running your program. Also please try running the sample program (cpi.exe) that is provided with the MPICH2 installation (Windows).

Regards,
Jayesh
 Jayesh Krishna
 Argonne National Laboratory