[MPICH] MPICH2 1.05 MPI_Send & MPI_Recv dropping packages randomly

chong tan chong_guan_tan at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 18 11:11:21 CST 2007

all the messages are short messages, the shortest being 3 integer (32 bits), the longest 9 integers.

I can't send you the code per company policy.  There are about 3 million lines of C, C++ and Tcl.  MPI is used in an isolated part of the code.

I will try sock, sock runs almost 11X slower on this prtiticular machine.  On 2.1.04p1, overhead by ssm was 50 sec, and sock's overhead was 520 sec on the failed test.

tan