[MPICH] clog2TOslog2 conversion failure

Glaser, Amnon aglaser at efw.com
Wed Jan 17 18:40:24 CST 2007

Hello All

I am using MPICH ver mpich2-1.0.2-1-win32-ia32
with mpe for logging events.

My application used to work very well with mpe and the clog2 files
translated
smoothly to slog2 files I could use in jumpshot-4.

I added to my application non-blocking receive using the following MPI
commands:
* MPI_Recv_init
* MPI_Start
* MPI_Test
* MPI_Request_free

Now the application works well and clog2 file is created but the
conversion to slog2
always FAILS with the error message I attached below.

I would appreciate any advice on how to solve that problem
and be able to use jumpshot-4 again.

Thanks allot
Amnon

-----------{ clog2TOslog2 error report }-----------------

Executing C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_05\bin\java.exe -Xms32m -Xmx64m
-jar C:\Program Files\MPICH2\bin\clog2TOslog2.jar -o
c:\bin\AppDbg.exe.slog2 c:\bin\AppDbg.exe.clog2 ....
Error > java.lang.NullPointerException
Error > 	at
logformat.clog2TOdrawable.InputLog.peekNextKind(InputLog.java:226)
Error > 	at
logformat.slog2.output.Clog2ToSlog2.main(Clog2ToSlog2.java:73)
Error > Offending RecHeader = RecHeader[ timestamp=0.010229941457509995,
rectype=5, taskID=0 ]
Error > Offending RecBare = RecBare[ etype=-858993460 ]
> Ending with exit status 1

Amnon Glaser
Algorithms Architect
EFW Inc. (San Diego)
Phone: (858) 623-3671
Fax: (858) 642-6958

http://www.efw.com

This e-mail message has been sent by EFW Inc. and is for the use
of the intended recipients only. The message may contain privileged
or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient
you are hereby notified that any use, distribution or copying of
this communication is strictly prohibited, and you are requested to
delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify the sender immediately.