[MPICH] Has anyone enabled InfiniBand in IBM BladeCenter JS21 by OFED 1.2.5

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Fri Dec 14 07:25:09 CST 2007

On Dec 14, 2007, at 7:27 AM, jetspeed wrote:

> 	I can't downlowd OFED tailored for RHEL4 by Cisco, so I wonder is
> there someone have the experience that successfully installed the
> OFED on InfiniBand.

This list is for MPICH, which does not include InfiniBand support.
You probably want to post to the MVAPICH list for MVAPICH questions
(MVAPICH is derived from MPICH, but it is a different software
distribution by a different group of people).  See http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/support/mailing_lists.shtml
.

One clarification: Cisco does not tailor OFED.  We distribute binary
versions of OFED without the tools that Cisco does not support (e.g.,
OpenSM) and a simplified binary RPM-based installer.  Aside from our
installer, the source code is the same as what you can get from the
OpenFabrics web site.

Can you describe why you are unable to download the Cisco OFED?  It
was my understanding that you only need to have a free username/
password on cisco.com to download this software (i.e., you don't need
to give proof of being a Cisco customer, or a Cisco support contract,
or anything like that).  But then again, I'm not in the support group,
so I could be wrong...

--
Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems