[MPICH] Question about independent IO

Christina Patrick christina.subscribes at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 17:22:06 CST 2007

Hi Everybody,

I was reading a paper:
http://www.hdfgroup.uiuc.edu/RFC/HDF5/coll_ind/coll_ind_dd6.pdf

which compares the performance of independent IO and collective IO.

The paper mentions that using the function MPI_File_set_view() and use
independent IO functions such as MPI_File_write()/MPI_File_write_at(),
you are actually using certain optimizations such as data sieving
along with the independent IO?

I wanted to know if that is the case. I wrote a program that uses
MPI_File_set_view() along with MPI_File_write_at(). Does this program
use any kind of optimization?

I would appreciate if you could answer my question,

Thanks,
Christina.