[MPICH] mpich2-1.0.5p4 build failure with PGI 6.2

William Gropp gropp at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 20 15:44:03 CDT 2007

Ah, but you don't need to use the same compiler to built the MPI
libraries as the compiler that the user is using, they only need to
make the same decisions about basic datatype lengths and they need to
have compatible libraries.  You should be able to use gcc to build
MPICH2 with Nemesis, then use pgcc for the user program, with
possibly a little tweeking of the compilation scripts.  Its that
little tweeking that makes it easier to simply build with the same
compiler, but it isn't a requirement.

Bill