[MPICH] VIsualization ???

rppass at rppass.com rppass at rppass.com
Tue Apr 17 10:53:54 CDT 2007

Thanks you for your efforts.

SO I take it that if I start the two jobs (computation and visualization)
with the same mpiexec command, then I can publish names?

To try to work around this, I start the computation and have it print out
its port-name (looking like tag=0 port..........)  I then enter that
port-name into the visualization program and try to connect to that
explicit port name.  This does not connect.  So I have two problems!  The
first being the name lookup and then the second, if I get the port-name
from the name lookup, using it to connect (unless the format or structure
of the port-name from the name lookup is different than that returned by
MPI_OPEN_PORT command.

Ralph