[MPICH] Do MPI2,MPICH2 support the Multicast communications

Eng. A.A. Isola alfonso.isola at tin.it
Wed Sep 13 16:04:58 CDT 2006

But if I have many indipendent mpi processes that work
separately and
later I want connect in any way them, what can I use? Is
it possible
to use the MULTICAST addresses similar to the UDP
setsockopt? Have you
an idea to realize with the actual routines
available (MPI_Open_port,
connect etc) that are very close with TCP, is it possible to realize
something very closed to a multicast communications for n
indipendent
processes, where for ex. there's one process that is
the sender and the
other n-1 that have to receive in multicast.

Bye

Alfonso A. Isola