[MPICH] control-C (SIGINT) not sent to processes

Hui Zheng hzhengcmu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 10:40:27 CDT 2006

Hi

I am using MPICH2-1.0.4.
The user's guide says:

You can use keystrokes to provide signals in the usual way, where mpiexec
stands in for the entire parallel application. That is, if mpiexec is being
run in a Unix shell in the foreground, you can use ^C (control-C) to send
a SIGINT to the processes, or ^Z (control-Z) to suspend all of them. A
suspended job can be continued in the usual way.

However, when I type "control-C", all the processes are simply killed though
my program has a signal handler for "SIGINT." In other words, no SIGINT was
passed to the processes.

On the other hand, if I use "mpdsigjob SIGINT -j 1", my program can exit
gracefully by catching "SIGINT."

What is the difference between these two approaches?

thanks,
Hui