[MPICH] MPICH2 status on heterogeneousness support

Matthew Chambers matthew.chambers at vanderbilt.edu
Thu Oct 19 09:14:50 CDT 2006

I hope there are plans to at least support differing type sizes (32 bit, 64
bit, possibly 16 bit interoperability) and differing byte orders (little
endian and big endian).  Did MPICH1 support different floating point
representations (other than IEEE)?  The 16 bit support and the different
floating point representations are insubstantial issues I think, and I'm not
aware of any other types of heterogeneousness in workstation networks.

-Matt Chambers