[MPICH] MPICH on Different system Cluster

moral moral moral9692 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 29 21:08:27 CST 2006

Hello everyone:

      I have a confussion with my cluster running MPICH program. Please
give me a hand, thank you!
      Now we have a cluster with 16 nodes. Each node is SMP structure. We
need to transplant our VC project to a MPI parallel project. But we need a
Windows2000 system platform for GUI as manage node, and the other nodes
with FedoraCore3 system to be as compute nodes. When I installed all of
them, there is a problem. Windows2000 system can't see linux system in
network. So I think they can't communicate with each other correctly.
Command 'network.' not recognized.
      Further more, does the MPICH program must be in the same path on
every cluster nodes? If so, windows system can't be the same path with
linux system.
      How can I solve these two problems properly. Can MPICH run on
different system nodes?Wish for your response, thank you!

Sincerely
MORAL