[MPICH] "failed to ping mpd on "

Ralph Butler rbutler at mtsu.edu
Mon May 22 12:23:59 CDT 2006

There is a patch to mpd.py that you may need to apply (attached).

However, that may not be your problem if this is a fresh install.
Before using mpdboot, the install guide suggests using mpdcheck
in a variety of ways to verify that the host config is OK.  The
Troubleshooting
portion of the guide takes you through those steps.
--ralph