[MPICH] Clog->Slog2 - can't use single events?

Anthony Chan chan at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 18 12:06:10 CDT 2006

On Thu, 18 May 2006, Kilian Timmler  wrote:

> I would like to know whether it is at all possible to convert single CLOG
> events so that they are shown in jumpshot-4. If it is, I would like to get
> some idea of how I have to set up the CLOG event so that it is correctly
> converted into SLOG2 format. Unfortunately I couldn't find any example of
> this sort of event being used, so I was left with guessing.

I'm guessing you are using MPE from MPICH1 to create your clog file. The
old MPE logging in MPICH1 has not been updated for few years. All our
effort is currently in MPE2 which is shipped with MPICH2.  MPE2 does
provide user-defined logging API to define/log "single timestamp" event.
MPE2 logging generates CLOG2 format which is more efficient than CLOG.
You can download the latest MPE2 from http://www.mcs.anl.gov/perfvis.
For sample programs to define/log single timestamp event, e.g. see
mpe2/src/wrappers/test/cpilog.c.  You may also want to check the manpages
for the newer MPE logging functions.

A.Chan