[MPICH] Clustering and MPI

imran shaik sk.imran at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 29 01:54:05 CST 2006

      Hi i am a newbie to MPI.

    1)To run MPI programs , do i need a clustering software such as openMosix or Oscar?
    2)Is MPICH capable of running programs on multiple hosts without clustering environments?

    I have two pentium 4 systems with 256MB ram, interconnected with cross  cable. I basically use openMosix and C programs,shell script on it. I  came to know that i can run MPI programs on openMosix, but still want  to know whether MPICH provides capability to run on multiple hosts  without openMosix.

    Hope i am not asking a repeated question in this mailing list.

    Thanks in advance,

    Regards,
    Imran