[MPICH] FW: Mpich2 submission question.

Galton, Simon galtons at aecl.ca
Thu Mar 9 10:11:08 CST 2006

Sure,

This may be specific to the program I'm running, MCNP, but when you run

mpiexec -n 2 mcnp5

what you see is that two processes are created on the cluster.  The first
process accumulates no cpu, the second runs normally.  The result is
accurate.

As you continue to add CPUs nothing changes -- the first process is always
"idle".  If you specifiy -n 1 however, the first process is "active".

Any thoughts?
Simons