[MPICH] MPICH2 ports and firewall issues - limit port range ?

Ralph M. Butler rbutler at mtsu.edu
Wed Jun 14 09:58:27 CDT 2006

Hi Martin:

The MPICH_PORT_RANGE is the right way to go.  However, you are right that mpdcheck does
not know about the notion of a port range.  So,  I would say if you disabled the firewall and gotten
everything to work, i.e. mpds on multiple hosts, etc.), then you may just want to re-enable the firewall,
set MPICH_PORT_RANGE, and try mpd directly.

--ralph