[MPICH] thread test alltoall fails

Steve Angelovich sangelovich at lgc.com
Fri Jul 14 11:19:27 CDT 2006

All,

What is the current state of threading support for mpich2?  I've found a
couple of thread tests test/mpi/threads/pt2pt, but the alltoall test
fails with a collective abort.  The test threaded_sr runs successfully.
Have I overlooked something when building mpich2?

Build and configuration information;
  -I'm currently using the latest source downloaded from
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/mpich version 1.0.3.
 - I've used the --enable-threads directive
 - I'm running 32 bit redhat aw 3.0
 - I'm currently starting a ring with one node on my development machine
 - I've launched the test with mpiexec -l -n 2 ./alltoall

Other general questions?
 - How are updates distributed.  According to the download page 1.0.3
was released in Nov of 2005 but there seem to be references to updates
on the list.

Thanks,
Steve

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.