[MPICH] Website

James S Perrin james.s.perrin at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Jan 27 05:13:21 CST 2006

Hi,
	I was wondering if you have considered changing the website
(http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/mpich) so that MPICH2 is the focus on the MPICH
frontpage and MPICH1 is demoted to a separate area. The reason I say this is
that there seem to be quite a few new users who start off using MPICH1 and when
they get stuck the first thing we tell them is to move to MPICH2.

	This seems to be down to the term MPICH being used ubiquitously to mean either
version and so when people search for MPICH they come across MPICH1 first. The
MPICH2 section is no more prominent now that MPICH2 is stable (v1.0) than it was
when for the development versions. It might just a be a simple case of moving
the "MPICH2" section to the top of the page.

Regards
James
James S. Perrin,                   | email: james.perrin at manchester.ac.uk
Manchester Visualization Centre,   | www.sve.man.ac.uk/General/Staff/perrin
Kilburn Building, The University,  | tel: +44 161 275 6945
Manchester, England. M13 9PL.      | fax: +44 161 275 6800/6040