[MPICH] mpirun issue on Windows XP

David Ashton ashton at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jan 15 22:38:18 CST 2006

Duane,

MPICH.nt.1.2.5 is no longer supported and users should migrate to MPICH2:
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/mpich2

MPICH.nt.1.2.5 uses a temporary file to communicate between mpirun and the
root process.  There can be sharing and naming issues with this temporary
file.  Try deleting all mpi*.tmp files on your system and then run mpirun
again.

You will get better performance and a more stable startup process if you
switch to MPICH2.

-David Ashton