[MPICH] Is there a way to get notification from mpiexec when a process dies?

David Minor david-m at orbotech.com
Sun Jan 8 06:00:18 CST 2006

I'd like to know if there is a way to get notified if a process dies, is
killed, exits, seg-faults, or disappears in any way, from the
application that exec'd mpiexec.  Note, this application is NOT an mpi
process, it merely called mpiexec to start the mpi processes.  I can
poll use mpdlistjobs, but I don't like the idea of doing this
periodically.  Is there some message sent by one of the python daemons
that I can listen to that will tell me when a rank dies?

Regards,

David Minor

Orbotech