[MPICH] mpich2 and win64

Helge Avlesen helgea at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 01:59:05 CST 2006

Hi,
thanks for a great MPI implementation, just a couple of questions:

1) is it possible to use the 32bit mpich2 binary distribution on win64
(amd cpu's)? tried this with an old digital visual fortran, it links
ok, but fails when run. the same mpi program works ok on a XP laptop.

2) when mpich is used with mpiexec's -localonly option, will mpich use
shared memory to communicate on large SMP windows machines?

3) will the 64bit binary distribution of mpich2 for win64 work with
other compilers for win64 like e.g. pgi, or is intel visual fortran an
absolute requirement?  we tried pgi but no matter what underscoring
rules we used we got undefined symbols for all of the mpi routines our
program used.

sincerely,
Helge Avlesen