[MPICH] MPICH2 on IBM SP (Power 5) under AIX

van at astrct.oact.inaf.it van at astrct.oact.inaf.it
Sun Feb 5 05:41:37 CST 2006

Hi all:

	although I understan dthat it is not officially supported, has
there been some attempt to compile MPICH2 on a IBM SP Power 5, using the
Federation switch, under AIX 5.2? I am asking because I have a code using
one-sided comms, which works perfectly under MPICH2 on Linux clusters, but
fails miserably in the OpenMP environemnt of AIX 5.2: the code compiles
and runs, but with RIDICOLOUS performances, even when using processor on
the same board.
Many thanks in advance

     Vincenzo ANTONUCCIO-DELOGU

INAF - Catania Astrophysical Observatory
Via S. Sofia 78 - I-95123 Catania - ITALY

Tlf.: +39-095-7332 318
Fax:  +39-095-330592

e-mail: van at oact.inaf.it

'Malheur a l'homme d'etude qui n'est d'aucune
coterie, on lui reprochera jusqu'a de petits
succes fort incertains, et la haute vertu
triomphera en le volant.'

Guai all'intellettuale che non appartiene a
nessuna consorteria: gli sara' rimproverato
ogni successo, anche il piu' incerto, e la
virtu' trionfera' derubandolo.

(Stendhal, Le Rouge et le Noir)

believed to be clean.