[MPICH] Doing collectives a better way in not-so-small nodes

Joachim Worringen joachim at dolphinics.com
Fri Dec 8 14:28:22 CST 2006

Rajeev Thakur schrieb:
> Sylvain,
>         Your approach sounds good. We have been meaning to add
> topology-aware collectives to MPICH2 for a while now, but haven't gotten
> around to it. We hope to add something next year.
>
> Rajeev

Sylvain, this paper gives a good overview of what can be (and has been)
  done in this area in case you want to work in this area. With the
upcoming multi-cores, this will become much more important than today.

@InProceedings{,
author =        {Jesper-Larsson Träff and Hubert Ritzdorf},
title =         {Collective Operations in NEC's High-performance MPI
Libraries},
booktitle =     {IPDPS, Rhodes, Greece, 25 - 29.04.2006},
year =          {2006},
publisher =     {IEEE},
keywords =      {MPI, collective operations, broadcast, reduction,
all-to-all communication, MPI/SX, MPI/ES     },
}

  Joachim

--
Joachim Worringen, Software Architect, Dolphin Interconnect Solutions
phone ++49/(0)228/324 08 17 - http://www.dolphinics.com