[MPICH] -nolocal for mpiexec ?

Wei-keng Liao wkliao at ece.northwestern.edu
Tue Aug 1 16:19:50 CDT 2006

Rajeev,

I tried that but I don't know why it is not working on my machine.
Here is my mpd.hosts file used in mpdboot
% cat mpd.hosts
c1
c2
c3
c4

My host machine is not in mpd.hosts.
% mpdboot -n 4 -f mpd.hosts
% cat machines
c1
c2
c3
c4
c1
c2
c3
c4
% mpiexec -machinefile machines -n 4 hello
mpiexec: unable to start all procs; may have invalid machine names
     remaining specified hosts:
         192.168.1.14 (c4)

Using 3 and less nodes are fine. I ran all these on the host machine.

Wei-keng