[MPICH] -nolocal for mpiexec ?

Rajeev Thakur thakur at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Aug 1 16:01:38 CDT 2006

Wei-keng,
         Let's say you have 4 machines: host, node1, node2, node3. You run
mpiexec from host and want the jobs to run only the 3 nodes. Here's what you
do:

* From host, start an MPD ring on all 4 machines using mpdboot.

* Create a machine file containing
node1
node2
node3
node1
node2
node3
(repeated as many times as needed to cover the maximum number of processes
you want to run).

* Then run the job from host as
mpiexec -machinefile FILE -n NPROCS a.out

NPROCS has to be <= the number of machines listed in the machinefile.

Rajeev