[MPICH] Maximum number of processes

imran shaik sk.imran at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 4 08:56:01 CDT 2006

Hi,
  I want to run around 200 MPI processes. I have two p4,256MB nodes  connected via cross cable. I have installed redhat9 on it. Now i am  able to run 90 simple "hello world" processes. If i exceed it says, no  of clients for lamboot exceeded. It says 72 is the limit. But i get 90,  dont know how.Anyways i need to execute more processes (around 200 ) on  these nodes i have. Can any one suggest any way to do that?

  Also can anyone say  whats the problem i am getting. Is it any unusual thing ?

  Thanks in advance.

  Regards,
  Imran