[MPICH] Running MPICH2 applications on Win64

Sophie Duchesne sophie.duchesne at ete.inrs.ca
Tue Sep 27 13:55:54 CDT 2005

Hello,

First I would like to thank you for your last week responses concerning my
problem with multiple IP addresses.

In the meantime, I downloaded MPICH2 for Win64
(mpich2-1.0.2-1-win64-x86-64.zip). I installed smpd on all the machines and
I configured MPICH2 using wmpiconfig. However, when I run any MPI
application with mpiexec, all the processes get the rank 0. Is there
something else I should configure with the Win64 version in order for the
machines to get different ranks?

Here is an example of what I entered and what I got:

            mpiexec - n 2 cpi.exe

Process 0 on <host1>.

Enter the number of intervals: (0 quits) Process 0 on <host2>.

Enter the number of intervals: (0 quits) Enter the number of intervals: (0
quits) Process 0 on <host3>.

Thanks for your help,

Sophie Duchesne