[MPICH] about mpich2, sometimes the application may stop.

luyut at sina.com luyut at sina.com
Thu Sep 22 04:24:27 CDT 2005

Hello all:
  We have used the mpich2-0.96p2 for years, recently, we install the mpiich2-0.96p2 on the sgi350,itatumn2. The are some strange problem we found, when we run a loop of NPB, sometimes the application may stop at the beginning, we debugger it, find the most mpi processes of application are sleep, they in mpi_alltoall, when they build the communication connectiong using pmi, PMIU_getval( \"kvsname_max\", buf, PMIU_MAXLINE ); We read the source code of mpd,it look like some error occur on the manager ring, the PMIU_getval can not return. So all the processes are waiting.
  Does anyone can explain it for me. Thank you.

sara

学习娱乐新选择,¥5999惠普笔记本上市啦( http://ad4.sina.com.cn/wx/ads/hpzhuiyu919.html )