[MPICH] Question

Yiding Wang ywang at sarnoff.com
Thu Sep 22 18:04:25 CDT 2005

Hi:

I am new to the MPI stuff and this might be a silly question. I would
appreciate if you can help me out.

To make a long story short, I made a simple test program using Microsoft
Visual Studio.NET 2003 to see how MPICH2 works. MPI_Bcast seemed to work
fine while MPI_Send did not work. When I debugged to the MPI_Send
statement, the program broke and return the control to the Visual
Studio, therefore I did not get a chance to see the error code.  I would
appreciate if you could let me know what I might have missed. I would
also appreciate if you could send me any sample programs that use
MPI_Send, so that I can learn from you.

Thanks.

Yiding Wang

    int n=100;
   MPI_Bcast(&n, 1, MPI_INT, 0, MPI_COMM_WORLD); //This worked

   MPI_Send(&n, 1, MPI_INT, 1, 1, MPI_COMM_WORLD); //This did not work