[MPICH] windows: credentials & passphrase

Daniel Evers evers at rz.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Sep 14 01:31:31 CDT 2005

Hello David,

> The second step is launching processes.  In order to launch processes a
> user name and password must be supplied to mpiexec.  This username and
> password must be the same ones you use to log on to the machine.  Windows
> allows you to have a screen name associated with your username.  You must
> supply your username and not your screen name if they are different.

I think I'll have to check this screen name thing, maybe that's the problem
(everything else seems to be as it should be).

> We haven't tested running the 32bit version of MPICH2 on Win64.  We've only
> tested 64bit binaries on Win64.  We use the Intel Fortran ia32e compiler
> and the Microsoft Platform SDK Win64 compiler to generate the 64bit code.

I also tried the 64 bit version (x86_64) in the meantime, but the problem
seems to be the authentication, the jobs run with -localonly.

Thank you very much for your help, I'll play a bit with screen names before my
vacation. I'll let you know how far I got.

Daniel Evers