[MPICH] windows: credentials & passphrase

Daniel Evers evers at rz.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Sep 7 06:15:49 CDT 2005

Hello!

I just installed MPICH2 1.0.2-1 on our Opteron running Windows 64 bit. The
installed version is 32 bi, because the Intel Compiler we installed only can
produce 32 bit binaries.
I can compile and run my test programs using the "-localonly" option for
mpiexec, but when I run with "-n", I always get the "credentials rejected"
error. I tried every combination of domain\user (with and w/o domain) and all
passwords of the last months. So my questions are:
	- where does the smpd look for credentials?
	- what is the passphrase good for and where can I configure it (except
		passing it to mpiexec)?

Sorry to bother you, but the documentation doesn't help.

thx 4 any hints
Daniel