[MPICH] Jumpshot question

Jim Lasc jimlasc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 10:54:51 CDT 2005

Hello,

I'm making a multithreaded mpich2 program.
Normally it is designed that it never finishes.
A lot of threads have most of the time an outstanding blocking receive (I
decided not to work with Irecv's).

I want to do some profiling with Jumpshot, but I have to consider the
following :
1) I can't write to the final log file as long as there are outstanding
receives.
2) I have to call MPI_Finalize() to write to the log file...

So I wonder if there is a way to write the logfile on a chosen time (with
outstanding receives)?
Since, otherwise, I have to cancel all the threads with a receive I used
(then they become zombies, and it can take some time before they are really
cancelled, using w32-pthreads).

Allso, does Jumpshot works well with multithreaded programs?

Thanks for any hints or help.

Jim.