[MPICH] Does the order of machines matter?

Yu-Cheng Chou cycchou at ucdavis.edu
Mon Oct 10 18:12:23 CDT 2005

Hi,

I run cpi on 4 machines including 2 windows and 2 linux.
One of the windows machines is the local host.
The execution of the program cpi works only when the order
of the machines is this - windows windows linux linux.

If the order is "windows linux linux windows", the execution of cpi will
hang there.

If the order starts with linux machine, the execution of cpi will hang
there with error message shown below.

op_read error on left context: socket connection closed
unable to read the cmd header on the left context, socket connection
closed.

Anyone who can give me any clue about this ?

By the way, how can I use the option "-plaintext" for mpiexec?